Yes! Dungeons and Dragons is nerdy!
But by god it's hilarious nerdiness!
After much effort disagreements, arguments, shouting and wasting of time I managed to pull together a couple of friends and start a D&D campaign! We decided to play Keep on the Shadowfell, the first official Wizards of the Coast Module as it had been released for free on their website. All of us had lost our character sheets so we had to start from scratch...with hilarious results.
You can download the PDF here.
Our heroes are:
Ren-Grock the Anvil our Warforged Fighter
Mat-Orvik Baernesson our Dwarf Cleric
Cal (Me)-Dungeon Master
Tyler Ghostguy our Eladrin Wizard (originally my character but I gave him for them to control. My first mistake)
I'm going to say this now. Grock's stats do not make sense. Due to having such a low intelligence score he is illiterate and has 39 hitpoints. At first level. Somehow we've managed to get our Cleric having less hitpoints than our Wizard. But onto the adventure.
So by this point we've had about half an hour of character making and about twenty minutes of Ren laughing hysterically at the name Eric the Cleric. I still don't get why he found it so funny. Anyway our adventurer's moved on to the town called Winterhaven and while on the road to Winterhaven they were ambushed by Kobold brigands.
Leading to comedy worthy of yakaty sax. Seemingly Mat rolled 1's for Orvik's first four attacks and seemed determined to remain at least twenty feet away from the action. Tyler loosed off burning hands killing four goblins but also setting fire to Grock in the process. Grock however was immobilised in his second turn by a foul gluepot sling.
Christ. We spent so long laughing at Eladrin racial power Fey Step (which Ren and Mat helpfully nicknamed Gay Step purporting that Tyler would flick his wrist and vanish in a puff of pink smoke). I had to reward Mat an extra 50 XP for the heal he performed on Grock otherwise he would have gotten next to nothing. But I have to say soon after Mat picked up the pace and killed a Dragonshield with Lance of Faith adding some badass to his failure.
We've just arrived in Winterhaven.
God I hope they don't do anything stupid.
No comments:
Post a Comment